Senior Backend Developer
Posted: February 14, 2022
Hi, nice to meet you. We are Swarming Technology.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee, and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
The role we have in mind for you…
Swarming is currently looking for a full-time Senior Backend Developer that is passionate about problem-solving, technology, and honing their craft to help us create high-quality technical solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele.
The responsibilities of the position…
- Perform a technical analysis of business requirements
- Architect and propose Magento 2 solutions to meet client requirements
- Create deployment playbooks and ensure deployments are completed successfully
- Implement backend code for Magento modules and customizations to meet the defined project requirements
- Evaluate, debug and implement solutions for technical issues
- Work with QA and Account Management teams to quickly resolve critical bugs
- Work with Delivery Team to ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget
- Identify opportunities to develop reusable components and extensions to increase efficiency across projects
- Research and assess 3rd party solutions and extensions
- Adhere to and promote Swarming’s code standards and commitment to delivering quality code
- Perform code reviews and resolve conflicts
- Mentor and empower junior developers
What we need from you…
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving abilities
- 5+ years Magento development experience
- 3+ years Magento 2 development experience
- Experience working with Magento Open Source
- 5+ years working with LAMP stack
- Extensive experience using Git for version control
- Ability to set up and maintain a local development environment and work with CLI tools
- Strong SQL and relational database design knowledge
- Strong API integration experience (XML, JSON, SOAP, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to follow and understand code written by other developers
- Ability to use a consultative approach with clients and enjoy working on multiple projects at one time
It would be awesome if you had some of these skills, too…
- Secondary education in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent
- Experience working with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Magento PWA Studio
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience in web application performance tuning
- Experience quickly debugging issues with application performance monitoring tools
- MVC Framework experience with Laravel, Zend Framework, or equivalent
Our Core Values…
- We deliver.
- We do the right thing.
- We over-communicate.
- We educate ourselves and others.
- We bring a positive attitude.
Our Benefits and Rituals…
- No meeting Fridays
- Remote work
- Annual profitability bonus
- Employee recognition program
- Equipment stipend
- 401(k) match
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life insurance
- Team events
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.