Senior Project Manager
Milwaukee, WI or Remote
Posted: June 1, 2022
Hi, nice to meet you. We are Swarming Technology.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee, and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
The role we have in mind for you…
Swarming is currently searching for a full-time, experienced Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. This position is open to 100% remote work.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead the delivery of e-commerce and custom application projects, ensuring that deliverables are met to client expectations and satisfaction. You will also be responsible for maintaining time and cost efficiency throughout each project, as you lead a team of engineers and systems administrators through the development, quality assurance, and deployment processes.
The responsibilities of the position…
- Simultaneously lead and manage multiple e-commerce/IT projects of varying sizes using Agile development principles.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams composed of internal and external resources to develop successful e-commerce websites with business system integrations.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, cost estimates, and development schedules, which includes planning and prioritizing identified work items.
- Manage resources across multiple assigned projects with varying resource requirements to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Perform analysis of identified project requirements and prepare specifications documentation.
- Schedule and lead status meetings with clients and project teams.
- Perform risk analysis, as well as identify and proactively address potential issues during the project life cycle.
- Effectively balance the needs of the client, as well as the needs of the company and internal teams.
- Manage all project team members and associated tasks via thorough communication and documentation efforts.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to build and maintain a pipeline of future initiatives based on business goals.
- Assist in the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Provide functional direction to engineers on assigned work.
- Review, assess, and report on completed work by project team members.
- Perform retrospective analysis of completed projects for the purpose of departmental performance evaluation.
What we need from you…
- 3+ years of experience leading internal and external projects of various lengths.
- Experience working in an agency capacity.
- Successful work history of direct client interaction and relationship management.
- Experience working with internal and external project teams, preferably within a technical or adjacent capacity.
- Commitment to timely project delivery and high-quality work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Must maintain a strong understanding of project management best practices.
- Bachelor's degree.
It would be awesome if you had some of these skills, too…
- 3+ years of technical project management experience.
- Experience working with and leading creative and development teams.
- Experience leading projects in an Agile development environment (Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience creating and managing development tickets in JIRA.
- Experience creating and managing documentation in Confluence.
- Strong understanding of web development technologies and user journeys.
- Adobe Certified Expert-Adobe Commerce Business Practitioner.
Our Core Values…
- We deliver.
- We do the right thing.
- We over-communicate.
- We educate ourselves and others.
- We bring a positive attitude.
Our Benefits and Rituals…
- No meeting Fridays
- Remote work
- Annual profitability bonus
- Employee recognition program
- Equipment stipend
- 401(k) match
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Life insurance
- Team events
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.