Join our hive.
Our reputation for solving complex technical problems is equaled by our notoriety for being a great place to work. We believe our lives should fuel our work, and our work should fuel our lives.
Who Are We?
Swarming was founded out of a passion for technology and the idea that helping other people achieve their goals is what will ultimately bring us true success.
We also believe that focus, hard work, and real dedication is what delivers quality projects and the highest level of service. At Swarming, we apply these principles every day –
always striving to combine our technical expertise with strategic thinking to create disruptive e-commerce solutions that drive business growth.
What do we offer?
- Fully remote positions
- Comprehensive benefit plans including medical, wellness, vision, dental, and 401k
- No meeting Fridays and flex time to accommodate everyday life
- Paid maternity and paternity leave (weekly baby pictures encouraged)
- Learning and development support
- An employee appreciation program
You'll Love Our Work Style
What makes Swarming, Swarming, is our team. We are each other's biggest fans. Our purpose is to create a place where employees and clients can continuously grow.
Hi, nice to meet you. We are Swarming Technology.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
The role we have in mind for you…
Swarming Technology is looking for a full-time, experienced E-commerce Project Manager to help us create high-quality technical solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele.
The responsibilities of the position…
- Simultaneously lead and manage multiple e-commerce/IT projects of varying sizes using Agile development principles
- Participate in weekly technical grooming sessions, including CD sprint planning
- Assist in cultivating existing customer work logs and giving strategic insight to help grow their respective e-commerce businesses
- Manage resources across multiple assigned projects with varying resource requirements to ensure project deadlines are met
- Facilitate technical project architecture and design initiatives
- Work with the sales team to convert leads into prospects/clients
- Research, estimate, and facilitate technical solution planning, taking into consideration project/business requirements and budgets
- Participate in project discoveries and contribute to technical discussions and recommendations
- Create and deliver project discovery documentation, including descriptions of technical implementation
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of internal and client documentation through Confluence, including project, retainer, and internal knowledge base documents
- Coordinate project tasks and track schedules and timelines with the project management team
- Communicate with clients and staff via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.)
- Define, create, and execute project tasks, including user stories and acceptance criteria, using the Jira project planning software
- Participate in both client and internal status meetings and standups for new and existing projects
- Lead backlog grooming and technical implementation discussions
- Collaboratively work with the team on selecting and defining the technical implementation
- Participate in QA test planning to verify code changes work according to specification
- Participate in production support troubleshooting and define new feature enhancements (to the existing codebase) by identifying root cause issues and isolating program bugs
What we need from you…
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Led and participated in the management and delivery of 3-5 e-commerce site implementations and ERP integrations using Adobe Commerce (Magento 2), Shopify, and/or BigCommerce platforms
- 1+ years experience creating and managing development tickets in JIRA
- 1+ years experience creating and managing documentation in Confluence
- Outstanding communication and ability to explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders and team members
- Ability to multi-task and work or consult on numerous client projects throughout the day
- Understanding of e-commerce best practices across multiple business lines
- Expert problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
It would be awesome if you had some of these skills, too…
- Client facing or agency experience highly preferred
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Adobe Commerce (Magento 2) Solutions Specialist or Business Practitioner certifications
- Expert in Adobe Commerce, Shopify, or BigCommerce
- Agile workflow experience (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience with website performance and search engine optimization
Our Core Values…
- We are master problem solvers.
- We are diligent.
- We deliver results.
- We are truthful.
- We communicate clearly, professionally, and reliably.
- We are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge.
Our Benefits and Rituals…
- Team events
- No meeting Fridays
- Remote work
- 401(k) match
- Annual profitability bonus
- Employee recognition program
- Employee loyalty program
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Much more…