Join our hive.
Our reputation for solving complex technical problems is equaled by our notoriety for being a great place to work. We believe our lives should fuel our work, and our work should fuel our lives.
Who Are We?
Swarming was founded out of a passion for technology and the idea that helping other people achieve their goals is what will ultimately bring us true success.
We also believe that focus, hard work, and real dedication is what delivers quality projects and the highest level of service. At Swarming, we apply these principles every day –
always striving to combine our technical expertise with strategic thinking to create disruptive e-commerce solutions that drive business growth.
What do we offer?
- Fully remote positions
- Comprehensive benefit plans including medical, wellness, vision, dental, and 401k
- No meeting Fridays and flex time to accommodate everyday life
- Paid maternity and paternity leave (weekly baby pictures encouraged)
- Learning and development support
- An employee appreciation program
You'll Love Our Work Style
What makes Swarming, Swarming, is our team. We are each other's biggest fans. Our purpose is to create a place where employees and clients can continuously grow.
We can't wait to chat with you.
HI, NICE TO MEET YOU. WE ARE SWARMING TECHNOLOGY.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee, and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
THE ROLE WE HAD IN MIND FOR YOU
Swarming is currently looking for an experienced E-commerce Solutions Architect to help us create high-quality technical solutions for our growing clientele. This position is full-time and open to remote work.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THAT POSITION
Team Support & Participation
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship for the development team
- Communicates clearly and professionally via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with staff and clients
- Actively participates in internal company meetings and events
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement and optimization within the Delivery Team and works with the team to propose, document, and implement solutions
- Actively researches and investigates new technologies and e-commerce platform releases, and communicates key findings to clients and team members
Sales & Account Support
- Participates in sales calls with the Sales Team to help win new business
- Works with the Project Management and Sales Team to provide high-level “ballpark” estimates during the sales process
- Identify and notify the Sales Team of new sales opportunities with existing clients
- Leads technical discussions during client project discovery meetings, both virtual and on-site
- Owns project discovery and technical implementation documentation
Client Projects & Support
- Participates in both client/stakeholder status meetings, team standups, sprint planning sessions
- Leads backlog grooming and technical implementation discussions.
- Owns the business requirements for project features
- Identifies and documents technical solutions taking into consideration project requirements
- Provides recommendations and comparisons on buy v.s. build customizations.
- Provides time and cost estimates for proposed technical solutions
- Works with the Project Management Team to coordinate project tasks, schedules, and timelines
- Creates project tasks with detailed user stories and requirements and oversees the proper technical execution of project tasks using the Jira project planning software
- Collaboratively works with the team on selecting and defining the technical implementation
- Works with clients to successfully evaluate and migrate their data from current systems to their new e-commerce system
- Assists with installation and configuration of, 3rd-party apps/extensions, and integrations
- Develops relationships with clients and a detailed understanding of their business in an effort to deliver the best possible solutions and service
- Participates in quarterly and annual planning sessions with clients and works with the Project and Account Management teams to build out deliverables, such as technical roadmaps for clients
- Leads the development, testing, and execution of deployment and migration playbooks
- Assists team in resolving escalated production issues
- Provides root cause analysis reports and recommendations for production issues
- Participates in QA test planning to ensure deployments operate and perform according to the defined requirements
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Expert problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work or consult on numerous client projects throughout the day
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Has led and participated in the development of 10+ e-commerce site implementations and ERP integrations using Magento Open Source and Commerce editions
- Experience with developing extensions and themes for the Magento platform
- Experience integrating and configuring shipping and tax solutions (e.g. ShipStation, ShipWorks, Avatax, TaxJar, etc.)
- An outstanding communicator who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high-level decision-makers and clients
- Experience in advising and leading client project discovery sessions
- Experience with website performance and search engine optimization
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU HAD SOME OF THESE SKILLS, TOO
- Client facing or agency experience is highly preferred
- Expert-level experience in Magento 2 development and deployment practices
- Experience implementing storefronts on the Shopify and/or BigCommerce platforms highly preferred
- Certified Magento Solutions Specialist and Developer Plus certifications
- Agile workflow experience (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience creating and managing development tickets in JIRA
- Experience creating and managing documentation in Confluence
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Management experience
- Chargeable Utilization ≥ 60%*
- Completed projects within 10% of estimated development hours