Join our hive.
Our reputation for solving complex technical problems is equaled by our notoriety for being a great place to work. We believe our lives should fuel our work, and our work should fuel our lives.
Who Are We?
Swarming was founded out of a passion for technology and the idea that helping other people achieve their goals is what will ultimately bring us true success.
We also believe that focus, hard work, and real dedication is what delivers quality projects and the highest level of service. At Swarming, we apply these principles every day –
always striving to combine our technical expertise with strategic thinking to create disruptive e-commerce solutions that drive business growth.
What do we offer?
- Fully remote positions
- Comprehensive benefit plans including medical, wellness, vision, dental, and 401k
- No meeting Fridays and flex time to accommodate everyday life
- Paid maternity and paternity leave (weekly baby pictures encouraged)
- Learning and development support
- An employee appreciation program
You'll Love Our Work Style
What makes Swarming, Swarming, is our team. We are each other's biggest fans. Our purpose is to create a place where employees and clients can continuously grow.
Hi, nice to meet you. We are Swarming Technology.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
The role we have in mind for you…
Swarming Technology is looking for a full-time, remote, experienced Quality Assurance Test Engineer to help us create high-quality technical solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. This position will operate on an adjusted U.S. schedule, and requires availability from approximately 4 AM - 12 PM U.S. CST.
The responsibilities of the position…
- Review ticket requirements and specification documents and develop test plans based on task criteria
- Estimate, plan, and create test cases and test protocols for projects under development
- Update test case documentation as projects and requirements evolve
- Groom and complete software testing tasks as they relate to project, retainer, and support work types
- Create automated tests as appropriate using an established framework and toolset
- Work with project management to meet project testing milestones and deliver high quality solutions on time
- Participate in production releases through the completion of various testing methodologies (critical path, regression, smoke, etc.)
- Coordinate with project management and end users to complete test order purchases
- Contribute to the vision, policy, and procedures of the QA team
- Share technical knowledge with the rest of the team to continually expand the overall department capabilities
What we need from you…
- 2+ years of software development testing experience
- 2+ years of experience with manual testing of software
- Experience testing products in various operating environments, platforms, and devices
- Experience in estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Experience developing and maintaining comprehensive test documentation and requirements-to-tests traceability
- Strong hands-on test case and test protocol writing skills
- Understanding of smoke testing, black-box, and non-black box testing, as well as regression testing
- Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle in a regulated environment
- Experience with Agile Application Development and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to help isolate the cause of a defect.
- Strong oral and written communication skills which may include internal and/or direct client communication
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative.
- Ability to provide functional software improvements based on best practices and industry standards
It would be awesome if you had some of these skills, too…
- 1+ years of experience using Ghost Inspector
- 1+ years of experience using JIRA or equivalent project management software
- Experience working with real-time software products and networking products
- Experience with QA testing of E-commerce systems
Our Core Values…
- We are master problem solvers
- We are diligent
- We deliver results
- We are truthful
- We communicate clearly, professionally, and reliably
- We are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge
Our Benefits and Rituals…
- Team events
- No meeting Fridays
- Remote work
- Annual profitability bonus
- Employee recognition program
- Employee loyalty program
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Much more…