Join our hive.
Our reputation for solving complex technical problems is equaled by our notoriety for being a great place to work. We believe our lives should fuel our work, and our work should fuel our lives.
Who Are We?
Swarming was founded out of a passion for technology and the idea that helping other people achieve their goals is what will ultimately bring us true success.
We also believe that focus, hard work, and real dedication is what delivers quality projects and the highest level of service. At Swarming, we apply these principles every day –
always striving to combine our technical expertise with strategic thinking to create disruptive e-commerce solutions that drive business growth.
What do we offer?
- Fully remote positions
- Comprehensive benefit plans including medical, wellness, vision, dental, and 401k
- No meeting Fridays and flex time to accommodate everyday life
- Paid maternity and paternity leave (weekly baby pictures encouraged)
- Learning and development support
- An employee appreciation program
You'll Love Our Work Style
What makes Swarming, Swarming, is our team. We are each other's biggest fans. Our purpose is to create a place where employees and clients can continuously grow.
Hi, nice to meet you. We are Swarming Technology.
At Swarming Technology, we help businesses grow by building e-commerce websites. From modest beginnings as a start-up based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, our hive has grown into a fully-remote global workforce with over ten years of service in the industry. The Swarming team is made up of project managers, developers, and strategists who are also parents, coaches, sports fanatics, gamers, coffee and wine enthusiasts, avid La Croix drinkers, and trivia nerds.
Our objective is to create high-quality solutions for our growing e-commerce clientele. Our client roster is made up of an assortment of industries, company sizes, and website platforms with a common thread of genuine clients who want to grow their online business.
The role we have in mind for you…
Swarming is currently looking for an experienced Frontend E-Commerce Developer to help us create high-quality technical solutions for our growing clientele. This position is full-time and open to remote work.
The responsibilities of the position…
- Lead company frontend development initiatives across New Build and Continuous Development teams
- Collaborate with development teams across multiple time zones and remote locations
- Assist with the estimation of project timelines, costs, and resource needs
- Anticipate client needs, identify solutions, and act in the best interest of the client and the company
- Develop key creative experiences for desktop and mobile e-commerce websites in accordance with customer specifications
- Collaborate on the development, implementation, scoping, and testing of interactive experiences for new and ongoing projects
- Work with client and internal teams to quickly resolve critical bugs
- Work with project teams to ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget
- Research and assess 3rd party solutions and extensions
- Mentor and empower junior developers
What we need from you…
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- 5+ years developing sophisticated e-commerce websites, using platforms such as Magento 2/Adobe Commerce, Shopify, Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Strong understanding of responsive/mobile design and cross-browser development
- Experience working with meta-frameworks such as React, Angular, or Svelte
- Familiarity with Next.js Commerce, Magento PWA Studio, and/or other headless e-commerce frontend frameworks
- Experience integrating with RESTful services and APIs
- Experience using Git for version control and pull requests
- Fundamental knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience integrating websites with Google Analytics
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to use a consultative approach with clients and enjoy working on multiple projects at one time
It would be awesome if you had some of these skills, too…
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent
- Magento 2/Adobe Commerce Certified Professional Developer
- Magento 2/Adobe Commerce Certified Frontend Developer
- Experience working with Copilot or other AI tools for accelerating development
- Experience working with Hyvä Theme for Magento
- Experience working with Tailwind CSS
- Experience with Firebase, Supabase, or other app development platforms
- Experience working with CMS platforms such as Hubspot, Storyblok, and WordPress
- Experience in web application performance tuning
- Experience with web accessibility standards
Our Core Values…
- We are master problem solvers
- We are diligent
- We deliver results
- We are truthful
- We communicate clearly, professionally, and reliably
- We are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge
Our Benefits and Rituals…
- Team events
- No meeting Fridays
- Remote work
- 401(k) match
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Annual profitability bonus
- Employee recognition program
- Employee loyalty program
- Maternity and paternity leave
- And much more…